You can reduce your risk of CO poisoning by doing the following:
- Have your propane appliances and venting systems checked annually by a qualified service technician.
- Install CO detectors on every level of your home.
- Don’t use a gas oven or range-top burner to provide space heating.
- Don’t use portable heaters indoors, unless they are specifically designed for that purpose
- Don’t use a barbecue grill indoors for cooking or heating
- Regularly check your appliance exhaust vents for blockage.