We strongly recommend that you have a qualified service technician relight any pilot light that has gone out.

  • A pilot light that repeatedly goes out, or is very difficult to light, may be a sign that there’s a problem with the appliance or your propane system. If you’re experiencing a similar problem, don’t try to fix it yourself. Contact a professional technician to evaluate the appliance or propane system. Fires, explosions and serious injuries can occur when untrained individuals try to fix a pilot light.
  • If you do try to light a pilot light on your own, please proceed with great caution and follow these rules:
  • Follow all of the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings concerning the appliance.
  • If the appliance is in a basement or closed room, thoroughly ventilate the area before lighting the pilot.
  • Don’t smoke or have any sources of ignition, like flames or spark-producing materials, in the area before lighting.
  • Be on alert for the smell of propane. Sniff at floor level before lighting the pilot.
  • If you smell gas, do not attempt to light the pilot.
  • Don’t allow extra or unnecessary people, especially children, to be in the area when you’re lighting the pilot.
  • Don’t try to light the pilot in an area where other odors might interfere with your ability to smell propane.
  • Don’t light the pilot if musty or damp smells persist. These can mask the smell of propane.
  • Don’t apply force or use tools on the pilot light or its controls. You could cause damage, leading to gas leakage. Use only your hands to operate knobs, switches and buttons.
  • Don’t attempt to let air out of gas lines by opening a valve or fitting inside a building or enclosed space. You could be releasing gas, yet not be able to smell it.
  • Don’t apply oil to a sticky knob or button on a gas control valve. Oil can cause the control valve mechanism to stick and malfunction.
Find Nearest Location

Request A Delivery

cookbook cta new