The spring planting season is a busy time of year for farmers.
Did you know that propane is an ideal way to get reliable performance in a cost-effective manner? Almost 900,000 American farms use propane, according to the Propane Education & Research Council.
Let us count the ways propane’s clean, reliable and efficient nature can make a noticeable impact on your farming operations.
- Cost savings: The efficient nature of propane can help you save money immediately on nearly every aspect of your operation.
- Cleaner operations: Propane produces fewer emissions that gasoline or diesel engines, helping you meet strict emissions goals.
- Convenient refueling: Propane providers can individualize a farm fueling plan to give you ample amounts of power without relying on the power grid.
Propane can be used in nearly every agricultural application, including:
- Generators: Propane-powered generators provide peace of mind that you’ll have a consistent, reliable power source.
- Irrigation: Studies have shown savings of up to 50% for farmers using propane irrigation engines compared to diesel. New propane engines are typically up to 40% cheaper than diesel counterparts.
- Heat for buildings: Propane delivers consistent levels of heat for healthy plants and animals, even during the coldest winter months.
- Forklifts: Propane-powered forklifts are versatile, low-emissions machines that can be used indoors or outdoors, unlike diesel engines.
- Drying crops: Propane grain dryers are up to 50% more efficient than older versions, running cleaner and longer.
Contact us for more information about utilizing propane on your farm.