Propane can do more than just heat your home, dry your clothes, and keep everyone at the tailgate party full of freshly grilled burgers. It can also power your car.
And schools, fleet operators and farmers are all turning to propane autogas to power their vehicles.
Here are some reasons propane-fueled vehicles are gaining popularity, according to the Alternative Fuels Data Center.
- It costs less than gasoline.
- It has a higher octane rating than gasoline.
- It has a lower BTU rating than gas, resulting in lower fuel economy, but a lower price per gallon that offsets the difference.
- It has lower maintenance costs for high-mileage vehicles.
- It leads to improved engine life over gasoline.
- It reduces cold start problems associated with gasoline.
Wondering if propane autogas is right for you? Use this handy calculator from Propane.com.
Need more propane? Contact us.