If you’re new to propane, you might be concerned about carbon monoxide. It’s a poisonous and potentially harmful gas that’s released when propane and other fuels are burned. But it’s easy to use propane safely and avoid danger. Here are some tips:
- Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Carbon monoxide is invisible, odorless, and tasteless. So, know how to detect a leak and react if you find one.
- Have your propane system inspected regularly by a professional.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions on all propane appliances. Don’t use appliances designed for outdoor use indoors.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors on every level of your home.
Have more questions? Contact us.