Using propane is an easy way to go green! Here are some quick facts about the environmentally friendly aspects of propane, courtesy of PropaneCouncil.org.
- It’s an approved clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act and the National Energy Policy Act of 1992.
- It’s one of the cleanest-burning of all fossil fuels.
- It emits less than half the carbon dioxide of coal when burned.
- It’s nontoxic, so it won’t contaminate soil or water.
- Propane does not contribute to the formation of acid rain when produced or used for fuel.
Have more questions about propane? Contact Lakes Gas.