The Lakes Gas Branch Manager needs to be motivated, self-disciplined to take initiative, manage time well, respond to corporate directives and have the ability to efficiently prioritize the workflow of the branch. Our Branch Managers need to be D.O.T. qualified, as well.
This position reports directly to the District Manager for the area.
Primary responsibilities of the Branch Manager include:
- Customer service
- Routing deliveries to customers
- Maintenance and inspection of company properties
- Training new employees
- Maintaining branch standards and discipline
- Employee Position Management (hiring, etc.)
The manager must have technical knowledge and mechanical aptitude to ensure compliance with the inspection, installation, and service of propane containers and appliances, including Gas System Safety Inspections of propane systems for both commercial accounts and residential homes.
Candidate must be familiar with the following codebooks:
- NFPA Pamphlet 58, Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
- NFPA Pamphlet 54, National Fuel Gas Code Handbook
- DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation Pocketbook.
This is a DOT regulated position that complies with drug and alcohol policies and procedures. Branch Managers need to be able to follow company policies and procedures, along with D.O.T. regulations, state and local laws, and complete other duties as assigned.
The manager may need to assist in the field. Therefore, the minimum driver's license requirement is a class B commercial driver's license with tanker and hazardous endorsements, and the manager must carry a DOT medical examiner's card. Candidate needs to be safety-conscious, have good math skills and possess good driving skills. The employee will be working in extreme weather conditions and be subject to an on-call status on a rotating basis.
The manager may deliver propane and service propane appliances and systems at customer's locations. Position entails pulling a delivery hose, some heavy lifting and climbing in and out of the fuel delivery truck.
Person will be involved with customer service tasks such as:
- Direct interaction with the customer
- Field maintenance, repairs and inspections
- Invoicing customers and collections
- Maintenance projects such as painting tanks, filling and delivering cylinders and the minor maintenance on company vehicles, tools and the plant.